MailMate 1.4.2 has been released and this happens just one week after version 1.4.1 was released. The main reason for this is a performance bug which already affects some users and over time the bug would affect more users. It is highly recommended to update as soon as possible. This release also includes other changes. A short list follows below and more details can be found in the release notes.
- Fixes a performance bug in version 1.4.1 which under certain circumstances could make MailMate practically unusable (high CPU and disk usage).
- Improved derivation of default “From” address when using email aliases.
- Introduced key bindings for changing keyboard focus.
- Improved headers editor for recipient addresses in the composer.
- Smoother scrolling in the mailboxes outline for users with a large number of IMAP mailboxes.
- Bounces “Download” folder instead of opening it when saving an attachment.
- Fixed “Edit ▸ Find ▸ Mailbox Search” menu item to behave correctly when selecting it using the mouse (previously it switched to “All Messages”).
Leopard note: This release of MailMate also works for Mac OS X Leopard. The software update mechanism was disabled in version 1.4.1 for Leopard users, so in order to update you have to download version 1.4.2 here. This is expected to be the final version of MailMate working for Leopard.