MailMate 1.9.6 is primarily a maintenance release. Here are the most notable items of the much longer and detailed release notes:
- New: “Edit ▸ Add Link” menu item (⌘K). Inserts Markdown code to create a link based on the current word. Also inserts a URL if it’s on the pasteboard.
- New: URL scheme for doing toolbar-like searches:
- New: “New Message With Attachment” and “Copy Attachment” in the context sensitive menu for an attachment.
- Changed: Generation of the HTML alternative for plain text (non-Markdown) messages is now handled using a dedicated script. For compatibility reasons this uses
<div>. This should resolve various issues when corresponding with Outlook users.
- Changed: Undoing move actions now re-selects messages if they exist in the current mailbox.
- Fixed: Saving a search as a smart mailbox frequently failed.
- Fixed: Various issues with HTML embedding when forwarding HTML messages with attachments.
- Fixed: Issue with the choice of Drafts mailbox (and implicitly SMTP server) when an identity could not be derived and an explicit one had not been configured.
- Fixed: Drag’n’drop emails to the Finder on Sierra.